Digital sound card for HIFI

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi...

Right now, I'am building the BoSoZ, which I plan to use, with my DVD, CD etc..., and with my LinuxBox PC, for playing MP3's.

Does anyone know a good soundcard, which would be good plugging into this setup, the soundcard should have digital-out for an future upgrade.

Actually I have to use the line out, right now, cause I do not own a DAC.

I would like to know a few thing's about this too :

1. What sort of digital-out, do I have to use, from the soundcard, when planning to use it in the future with a DAC for better sound.

2. Should I protect my loudspeeker for KNITS and HUM etc... from the soundcard ?

3. A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU

1. I think you should stay away from [any] Sound Blaster. Their digital out isn't clean. A search thrugh this site could help you further.

2. My computer has quite a loud 'turn on thumb', so I have to be careful. If you have your computer and HiFi grounded you should be safe from most humming. I don't know what kind of speakers you use, but if the tweeter has a cap in series it should be safe from DC and turn on thumbs.

3. Tak i lige måde.:drink: :bomb: :crazy:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.