CD player Drawer open close open close open close

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In cd tray mechanisms there is normally a a 3 position switch that is either open (when the tray is moving), closed when the tray is fully open, or closed when the tray is shut. It's possible that switch is faulty so the player keeps trying to close the tray.

more info.. I noticed that under the tray is a J shaped track where the gears rolls on, if I push the gears all the way to the end of the J track, the lens assemble rises and the CD plays normally

What is preventing the gears from going all the way to the end of the J track under the tray ?

I am guessing this is just a language problem.

A cog is sometimes called a gear wheel or sprocket. I have attached a picture from wickipiedia which also has a description if you are still unsure.

If some of the teeth have stiped of the cog then it will stop at the point they are missing.

Attachments

• gears_animation.gif
    gears_animation.gif
    52.9 KB · Views: 112
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.