Use the Nakamichi MB-1S as a single disk player

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Tim,
If you get the manual, can you forward a copy to my gmail address please? bhomester at gmail dot com. Memory can only take you so far.

When you take it apart, the timing of the gears needs to be observed. There are dots to help you line them up, but take a digital picture to help. Do this for the wire routing also. You will end up with a pile of screws and parts. That's normal, so just relax and do it.

-Chris

jpfastre said:

I have the combined service manual for the NAK mb-1s, mb2s and mb-3s.
Perhaps the music bank mechanism is identical. ( Mr. Anatech ?)
Eventually I can send it by email.

Kind regards and thank you all your help. I'll try to repair my Mb-1s

Hi,

If the MB1, 2, 3 service manual is still available would you be so kind as to send me a copy?

ericrabc@generationabcsystemsabc.abccom (please loose the a-b-c from my e-mail address)

Thanks!

manual MB-

I found several pages of the scanned manual in backup files.

Please let me know you are interested ? Eventually I can send it to you. Please send me an email.

What’s the limit of your mailbox, some pages are as big as 9 mbyte.

I don ‘t have the complete manual anymore.
Your email (abc removed) gives an error.

Kind regards

JP

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I've not enough posts on the forum, so I'm unable to e-mail you. Yet it seems wrong to make up worthless posts just to gain such access.

I *hate* spam. Would you be so kind as to e-mail me through the forum (I'll enable my email address there for a while).

It's our own mail-server so there is no limit on the size of an attachment.

Thanks again for your help!

Also...

There is an e-bay seller offering various replacement belts for Nakamichi (and other brands of) gear I've been in contact with.

He doesn't know which belts are needed for the MB-2, but has offered to come up with an appropriate set at no cost if I will send him my old belts to work from first.

Getting safely into my MB-2 (thus wanting a service manual) should allow me to determine if the problem is the belts. If so, I'll respond with the results from using his belts.

Unless of course, you guys know of a source for the original parts.

Thanks!

Re: manual MB-

jpfastre said:
I found several pages of the scanned manual in backup files.

Please let me know you are interested ? Eventually I can send it to you. Please send me an email.

What’s the limit of your mailbox, some pages are as big as 9 mbyte.

I don ‘t have the complete manual anymore.
Your email (abc removed) gives an error.

Kind regards

JP

A friendly bump towards jpfastre

Hi, I'm still under moderation and as such cannot yet access e-mail addresses of forum members. Thus, I am unable to e-mail you first.

I've made my e-mail visible in my profile recently.

Would you be so kind as to try again at sending me the manual pages you have (using the email address in my profile)? I would really appreciate it!

BTW, we host our own mailserver here at work and so there is no limit on attachment size.

Thanks again!

EricR

Hi EricR
I tried to send you several pages but your address via diyAudio.com is not public and the maximum size of the attachments is only 102400 bytes.
I sent you also something via the EricR email address,
I got no error and no answer confirming the receipt of my messages. Please answer on my email address.
JP

Hi jpfastre,

Rats, nothing received on this end yet. :bawling:

The mods have given their blessing and I've sent you an e-mail thru this forum.

I've made my email visible in my profile (I think I messed that up previously).

Also, you can email me at either:

Eric@

-- or --

Mussin@

<continued next post...>

...continued from above

Generationsystems.~c~o~m~

-- or --

aol.~c~o~m~

Or, if you have a paypal account I can forward you the cost to send the info via snail-mail.

Your persistence is appreciated!

Thanks!Thanks!Thanks!
Thanks!Thanks!Thanks!
...........Thanks!
...........Thanks!
...........Thanks!
...........Thanks!
...........Thanks!
...........Thanks!
...........Thanks!
...........Thanks!
...........Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.