Good rotary encoder for preamp project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm not sure what 3 axis means, but I assume you mean gray code output plus a N.O. push button.

I have used the Grayhill 61C seriess devices. You can get them with 32 detents per revolution and a pushbutton shaft. Lifetime exceeds yours, and they only cost about US$20. The detents and button are quite clicky in both feel and sound, but you can get them without detents if you prefer a smooth, quiet turning experience.

Digikey has them for $22.

I_F

Joined 2004
Paid Member
I_Forgot said:
I have used the Grayhill 61C seriess devices. You can get them with 32 detents per revolution and a pushbutton shaft. Lifetime exceeds yours, and they only cost about US$20. I_F

I used the 61C but wasn't real happy with the amount of play in the plastic shafts and I ended up replacing them. They are fine for smaller knobs, but if you want a smoother feel for large knobs, the 61B series is much better. They have a polished steel shaft with more a precise feel, although the price was about $45 at Newark.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.