diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Digital Source (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-source/)
-   -   Problem with Elso clock (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-source/89334-problem-elso-clock.html)

falter 30th October 2006 09:11 PM

Problem with Elso clock

Hi guy,
I mounted in my cd player Marantz the Elso clock in accordance with instruction, but don't work. It spin like crazly forwards and backwards and I don't succeed to adjust with the trimmer of the pot. I changed all components on the pcb but don't changed nothing. Anybody have had this problem ? What resoved it ? Thanks

philpoole 30th October 2006 11:18 PM

Hi,
I, very occasionally, saw this with my Marantz CD63.
It was typically because the clock was not properly connected to the DAC (perhaps a dry joint or something).
I wouldn't suspect your clock module, but more likely the signal seen at the clock input on the DAC.
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Phil

georgehifi 31st October 2006 03:50 AM

Try powering only the clock up first, then power up the rest of the cd player, this has fixed the same problem for me with the XO3 Tent Clock.

Cheers George

falter 31st October 2006 09:41 PM

Thanks for replys. I removed the clock and the cd now work, finally. About power supply of clock, I may connect the clock to regulator of cd or I may make a new power supply, indipendent ? And about ground of clock, I may connect to ground of regulator ? I tried all, incluse the change of regulators, but nothing, nada de nada. I think that Elso clock don't is compatible with my cd player. Help me, thanks

georgehifi 1st November 2006 01:08 AM

Did you try powering the clock first before the cd player?

George

falter 1st November 2006 05:31 AM

How please ?

philpoole 1st November 2006 09:43 AM

Hi,
Which model of Marantz player are you using?
You say you removed the clock and it worked, I assume you had to refit the previous oscillator circuitry?
How are you attaching the clock to the CDP (i.e. where are you feeding the clock signal?)

Regards,
Phil

georgehifi 1st November 2006 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by falter
How please ?
In my case the clock was powered by it's own supply which was on continuosly by the incoming mains, the power switch on the front of the player still powered up the player as normal.

If you use the players power supply to power the clock, you will have to interrupt the rest of the player from getting voltage till the clock gets it first.

Cheers George

falter 1st November 2006 04:27 PM

I have a cd 75 II Marantz
I refitted on the pcb the original clock soldering the caps.
I attached the clock to the leg of SAA ( cristal IN marked ).

Thanks

falter 1st November 2006 04:28 PM

I soldered the ground of elso clock to the leg ground of SAA