marantz cd63 spin anti clockwise???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
robertc said:
yes i did, the error is err 02(focus error)
the voltage to the motor is neg.5v and why not pos.5v??
can i change the motor wire the other way round?

NO, do NOT change the motor wire over - it is correct. The fault lies elsewhere !!

Did you run through the complete selftest routine ?
What were the results ? step by step ?

Why did you change the cdm in the first place ?

It could also be that one of the cables has come slightly apart or that the circuit track has been damaged in replacing the cdm.

Andy

this is my 3rd time to change the cdm because of not focusing.
at first it run normal ,if i damaged something when i replacing the cdm i don't thing it can play for a few days
the problem is why the voltage from TCA0372 to the motor now with negetive 5volt and not positive?

robertc said:
this is my 3rd time to change the cdm because of not focusing.
at first it run normal ,if i damaged something when i replacing the cdm i don't thing it can play for a few days
the problem is why the voltage from TCA0372 to the motor now with negetive 5volt and not positive?

I suspect that somewhere there is a dry / bad joint on the pcb which is going good occaisionally. It may be on the main pcb or on the small cdm board.

You will need to remove the main board and carefully check/resolder every joint looking for obvious dry joints.

NOTE :- the CD63 board is prone to breaks in the pcb tracks next to solder joints - be carefull !!

If possible, get hold of another CD63 and check by changing the cdm.

Also, did you carry out the full selftest ??

Andy

robertc said:
the cd not spin when i press play. only spin when i try in test mode but spin anti clockwise.

Then you possibly have a problem on the HF board. Check by changing for a known good board or resolder.
The problem may also be a dry joint on the main board.

The disk does not spin when play is pressed because it has not found focus.

The backwards spin is a symptom of the fault not the cause.

Andy

Check TCA0372 pins 1, 7 and 8. When in idle, pin 1 = 0, pin 7 = 2.5V and pin 8 = 2.5V. This IC opens and closes the tray AND controls the spindle motor. Spindle motor control = pins 1, 7 and 8.

Carefully check ribbon cable connections (one from the laser assembly as well!).

If things look grim - send it for Service...

Good luck,
Boky

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.