PCM2707 Schematic Review

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Any ideas on what is wrong with the attached schematic. Fundamentally I intend on using the i2s interface, but as part of testing I have applied 5v to Vccr and ran Voutr into a opamp without sucess.

thanks

Attachments

• 2707_schematic.jpg
    2707_schematic.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 794
bacworth said:
Not 100% sure on this, but should SSPND be connected to 3.3v. I just noticed mine isn't and the HPDAC is? According to the datashet SSPND is an output.

I know this is an old thread....but I too am scratching my head as to why every PCM270X schematic I see has SSPND connected to 3.3V. I have yet to build a device based on this chip yet, but it looks like the purpose of SSPND pin is just a flag, indicating suspend mode, that can then be used for whatever purpose (an LED, disabling/enabling other parts of the circuit, etc)

My guess is that someone misinterpreted this pin to cause the PCM270X to suspend when put LOW. And then about 20 people decided to copy this rather than reading the datasheet.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.