Denon DCD-1650AR simply stops during playback. Any ideas?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What the cure might be?
I've cleaned and oiled the rail and re-lubed the other side (non-rail). Cleaned the coggs out and cleaned the laser.
I suppose it could always be the laser needing a replacement. I'd love to be able to fix it myself rather than sending it off to Irvine, CA (Gold Crown) for repair. It's a beautifully constructed player and I would love to keep - best of all it sounds as smooth as the feel of the inside of a giant clam. Particularly when fed into a Lite Audio DAC-60.
Any words of your experience or general suggestions would be enormously appreciated.
TIA

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi ppopp,
Denon builds in a service program. Any half decent Denon warranty shop should be able to do a bang up job for you. Denon lubricants are special, like many other brands.

Fixing your own CD player and expecting good performance afterwards is not realistic for a person who is not trained on the machine. At least Denon makes it easy for the tech.

Your laser may be fine, maybe not. Again, there are tests a tech can do to determine what's up. Disc motors are also suspect.

-Chris

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi ppopp,
I agree. If there was a chance you could do this yourself, or it was a "learning machine" I'd get you to go further. Sometimes it's a fine line, but not in this case.

The machine would be good as new with a laser, disc motor and belts. Feed motors normally last a long time.

-Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.