media players fetching lyrics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For many a year I've been puzzled by indecipherable pop lyrics. Arguably many are trite, but some must be good.

I believe some windows media players can auto fetch lyrics off the net and display them ~ has anyone used this?

Wondering how comrerhensive a service it is, if it works well in practise (is it synchronised?)

Cheers

I use an excellent media player called MP3Toys (not very inspiring name, I know) but it has a great interface - albums are displayed by cover art - both cover art & lyrics are automatically downloaded from the internet.

If you mean by synchronised , does it do a karaoke style diplay of lyrics, then no it doesn't

Constantly undergoing upgrades - just added support for Flac & lots of other codes & ability to play songs in chosen external player (Foobar for instance)

http://www.mp3toys.net/

John

You can play songs in MP3Toys itself I just was showing you the flexibility of the product -

some people think Foobar has the best sound of all the MP3 players & you can do digital room correction in it through the use of convolution plugins. In this case MP3Toys acts as a media library manager (with builtin tag editing, BTW) & a pretty good one at that.

John

AS you rip & it stores lyrics & album art with music file. It displays as song starts over the album cover art which is washed out to a watermark image

Finds about 90% - obviously new albums are more difficult but in time the lyrics will be posted to various sites which it queries.

You can also copy lyrics from web page to song.

John

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.