Marantz CD94 skipping, advice?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi folks, glad to meet you all! Firstly i own, bought a CD94Mkll about 6 months ago and it is totally mint ie10/10 being stored unused for most of its life supposidly! But recently it has started skipping intermittedly or stopping completely anywhere during a disc. Having a bit of knowhow i opened it up and noticed that the drive belt that turns the white plastic wheel that is involved in the clamping down action was slipping. I was able to get a new belt, and actually got a slightly smaller one for a tighter fit and after replacing it the player is playing perfectly! my question is has this been responsible for curing the intermittent skipping/stopping or is it possible that the fault belongs elsewhere? Remember that since replacing the belt its playing perfectly. Your veiws would be appreciated. ps i use Spendor S9- Sugden A21se and XLO signature rca-rca interconnects but are there any other i/cs you could reccomend? I have recently compared the Marantz CD94ll against a Musical Fidelity A5 and the Marantz was much more musical.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.