LC CLOCK for 33.8688MHz or above

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
at these frequ you need overtone-mode osz, the most simple to start and (for me) as a reference is a gate-osz; later you can build another, like a colpitts type and hear, wether you can improve quality...
here is my circuit: works at 33,x MHz

alf

Attachments

• osz_04.gif
    osz_04.gif
    5.5 KB · Views: 799
Re: Re: LCAudio Clock

nFORCE said:
Dear Sir,

At your old post, I found that
"If your need a higher frequency for example 33 MHz for DVD you will need a overtone circuit, that I also can provide"

Could you mind give me some hints of 33.8688 and 45.1584MHz?

Merry X'mas

Regards,
nFORCE
Hi nFORCE,
I am sorry that information is obsolete.
A <B>fundamental</B> mode 33.8688 MHz and 45.1584 MHz crystal will work in the regular KWAK-CLOCK.
See also:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7018&highlight=optimising
The post: "Low Jitter Crystal"
;)
Merry Christmas too:xmastree:

>> VHC04

Keep in mind that the xxxxU04 must be used for oscillattors !

See also related VHCU04 on Fairchild :

Since the internal circuit is composed of a single stage inverter, it can be used in analog applications such as crystal oscillators. An input protection circuit ensures that 0V to 7V can be applied to the input pins without regard to the supply voltage. This device can be used to interface 5V to 3V systems and two supply systems such as battery backup. This circuit prevents device destruction due to mismatched supply and input voltages.

and see the VHC pdf file with the gain curve of VHCU04 and the alike level trigger threshold behavior for VHC04!

www.fairchildsemi.com/pf/74/74VHC04.html

www.fairchildsemi.com/pf/74/74VHCU04.html

VHC general : http://www.fairchildsemi.com/ms/MS/MS-521.pdf

Cheers

Hp. Widmer

Well,

all i can say - when using the 74VHC without "U" i can here the more rlaxed and cleaner
sound (most mids) against the 74HCU without "V". Don´t know how the 74VHCU is sounding.

The fairchild pdf says about the 74VHC without "U"

"The internal circuit is composed of 3 stages including buffer output, which provide high
noise immunity and stable output...."

Maybe this counts also!?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.