Clock crystal for NAD c520 CDP - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th October 2006, 04:00 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Question Clock crystal for NAD c520 CDP

I'm trying to find the crystal for my NAD C520 so I can do a blu-tac damping mod on the unit. I have searched the net with no results. Could someone send me a description of its location on the circuit board or a picture. I would apprecate and help you could give. Thanks
Old 7th October 2006, 04:07 AM   #2
singa is offline singa  Singapore
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to singa Send a message via MSN to singa Send a message via Yahoo to singa
Hi,
Just look for the metal can near the decoder IC or post a overhead view of the NAD.
Old 7th October 2006, 03:40 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default Picture of Circuit Board

Here is a picture of the circuit board, thanks for your help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nad (7).jpg (74.0 KB, 155 views)
Old 7th October 2006, 06:15 PM   #4
singa is offline singa  Singapore
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to singa Send a message via MSN to singa Send a message via Yahoo to singa
Default arrow shows the crystal

See the red arrow.
What is the frequency of the crystal?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nad (7)a.jpg (79.6 KB, 153 views)
Old 7th October 2006, 06:24 PM   #5
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Crystal M302 is a 16.9344 MHz one in the C521 ( if that is a similar cdplayer, I am not sure ). While the cdplayer is open you can also change the caps around the regs for something better and add a small heatsink to the left reg too. My eyes caught the word "Lelon" on the caps which should be an indication for removal and change. Change C506/507 for Pana FC or FM. Please do not use low ESR caps after the regs but use a smaller value like 100 uF standard quality. Those 1000 uF caps are rather large.

The caps in the outputstage that are paralleled by blue film caps could be changed for BG non polar caps or good electrolytic caps. I am sure you can find a nice replacement for the 5532 in the output stage yourself. I would probably use a FET input type here like OPA2604 or similar.

BTW blue tac is nice but a new low jitter clock ( Tent/Kwak/diyhifi.net etc. ) is a much better choice.

Hide this!Advertise here!