Clock crystal for NAD c520 CDP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm trying to find the crystal for my NAD C520 so I can do a blu-tac damping mod on the unit. I have searched the net with no results. Could someone send me a description of its location on the circuit board or a picture. I would apprecate and help you could give. Thanks

Picture of Circuit Board

Here is a picture of the circuit board, thanks for your help.

Attachments

• nad (7).jpg
    nad (7).jpg
    74 KB · Views: 191
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Crystal M302 is a 16.9344 MHz one in the C521 ( if that is a similar cdplayer, I am not sure ). While the cdplayer is open you can also change the caps around the regs for something better and add a small heatsink to the left reg too. My eyes caught the word "Lelon" on the caps which should be an indication for removal and change. Change C506/507 for Pana FC or FM. Please do not use low ESR caps after the regs but use a smaller value like 100 uF standard quality. Those 1000 uF caps are rather large.

The caps in the outputstage that are paralleled by blue film caps could be changed for BG non polar caps or good electrolytic caps. I am sure you can find a nice replacement for the 5532 in the output stage yourself. I would probably use a FET input type here like OPA2604 or similar.

BTW blue tac is nice but a new low jitter clock ( Tent/Kwak/diyhifi.net etc. ) is a much better choice.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.