diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Digital Source (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-source/)
-   -   AD8620 vs. OPA134 (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-source/8782-ad8620-vs-opa134.html)

Tieftoener 18th December 2002 04:47 AM

AD8620 vs. OPA134

Alright,

I'm hoping Dorkus will read this. I know he has had some direct experience with the two..

Yes, I know this is more of an "analog" question, but it is for digital source ;) Which of the two do you like better? Why? Can you describe the sound differences? Noise? THD? IMD? or is it just the sound?

THanks - This is the first place I've seen a preference for something other than the Burr Brown opamps for audio - I'm intersted, and I certainly respect your guys' opinions (well, some of you anyway ;) ;) :D):D )

halojoy 18th December 2002 11:25 AM

I also

wait for dorkus to appear

nice Signature
someone to direct a thanks to - when nobody else is around, but
The Creator

halojoy 18th December 2002 04:37 PM

Dorkus will be here

he is only doing some CHRIST Mas service, right now
that would be a fair assumption

Dorkus "stand in" stuff:

the orakel of DiyAudio!!!!

sonnya 18th December 2002 05:00 PM

I do not know if you are interrested but i have a preamp using the AD8610 (Which is basicly the same as a AD8620) and compared to the OP275 (I know it is not the OPA134) the mid and highs are more smooth and more detailed.

It is worth trying. Only remember the lower supplyvoltage of +/-13V.

Impressive is the channel separation of 137dB@10KHz and 120dB@300KHz.

I would be greatly limited by the board design and not the opamp!

I hope it is not tooo much nonsense....

Sonny

maczrool 18th December 2002 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by sonnya
I do not know if you are interrested but i have a preamp using the AD8610 (Which is basicly the same as a AD8620) and compared to the OP275 (I know it is not the OPA134) the mid and highs are more smooth and more detailed.

It is worth trying. Only remember the lower supplyvoltage of +/-13V.

Impressive is the channel separation of 137dB@10KHz and 120dB@300KHz.

I would be greatly limited by the board design and not the opamp!

I hope it is not tooo much nonsense....

Sonny

Which one are you saying is more smooth in the mids and highs?

Stu

peranders 18th December 2002 08:06 PM

Most of the figures looks impressing but no distortion figures at all?? I wonder why? Good thing is low power consumption which battery users must like.

sonnya 18th December 2002 08:35 PM

The favor was AD8610/20

Tieftoener 18th December 2002 10:54 PM

Hey thanks guys!

Well, its a start... I wonder where Dorkus is hiding???

I really don't want to get into a debate on God here... although, I fervanently disagree with A LOT of what was said in the link that halojoy provided. Perhaps I will have to add some comments to that thread... or start a new one altogether in the "everything else" category...

Thanks -

capslock 19th December 2002 04:44 PM

Hi Woofer,

this may be off topic as it refers to your signature.

If the eardrum had less mass/loading, it might even move by more the 1/10 of an atom, which is amazing enough. Are you sure you mean an H atom, not a molecule.

Regards,

Eric

Tieftoener 20th December 2002 01:03 AM

hey capslock :)

Congrats on being the first to understand my name :)

I could be mistaken. The information was retrieved from the deep inards of my brain last month. I remembered reading it in the Audio Cyclopedia a while back. Sorry if it is incorrect - I'll try to look into it sometime after Christmas... a little hectic right now.

Tschüss