Audigy II NX at 24 bits under Win2K

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
About 2 years ago I bought an Audigy II NX USB card for measurements on an error correction amplifier topology I mentioned elsewhere in this forum.

I could successfully make quality measurements at 24 bit / 96 KHz albeit in simplex mode only - I had Win 98 which does not support USB 2 as required for duplex -, and went happily along.

Recently I upgraded to Windows 2000, all other things the same, and lost the 24 bit capability. This option now is grayed out in the Spectra Lab settings panel:bawling:.

I checked the Creative site, downloaded the latest patches, verified settings with no results. Assistance request was turned down because the product was purchased more than 1 year ago (don't think I will ever buy a Creative product any more).

A cursory registry search did not turn any obvious parameters to blame, and before threading deeper there I wanted to check with others who may have experienced this before. Interestingly this post in the Speaker Workshop Forum says the Audigy is not capable of 24/96 in analog mode as per Creative declarations!!. Obviously this contradicts my own experience in that mode under Win98.

Any help / suggestions welcome.

Rodolfo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.