Problem in ATAPI Read Table of Content Command Post - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th September 2006, 07:24 AM   #1
buts101 is offline buts101  Nepal
diyAudio Member

Default Problem in ATAPI Read Table of Content Command Post

Problem in Read Table of Content Command Post
Hello guys,
I need to read the table of content of the audio cd. I'm controlling the cdrom with paulmon 8051 kit. I've successful done the basic things like hardware reset,atapi signature,drive diagnostics,master setting,drive idenfity,test unit ready.
I think the setting of atapi packet command data is ok,bcoz the eject and close tray,inquiry command,request sense ,test unit command(which all use atapi packet command) works without any problem. but when I issue any READ command such as READ table of content(43h),read sector(28h), it return no output data, it sets the error bit. When i saw the error register for sense key...i got 'Bh' as sense key which means just "Command Aborted" which the document says may be due to an overrun.
But when i use REQUEST SENSE packet command,its sense key gives '5h' which means due to illegal parameter in packet data.

Please help me here...why my code is not working for READ commands...i set allocation length of lsb and msb to FFFFh.

Is there some special initialisation that much be done before issuing the READ command.
Is software rst, and are all the mandatory command that document sf8020 says are mandatory?? As i gone through the source code of audio cd from this website...some mandatory command weren't included.

Thank you
Waiting for your helpful reply
Buts101

Hide this!Advertise here!