Parasound DAC-1600

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Desjet, I have the same needs for a schematic for a DAC1600. Could you mail me a copy too...? I have one here with broken left side. The caps. are shortcircuit in one of the psu rails, and something funny in the output opamps and it would help alot with a schmatic.
Another thing: what is so special with this caps. in this thing they are called "FULL PBS" I guess I'll put some polypoperlen will work just as good ??

broken DAC1600

Hi,
maybe there are some experts of the DAC 1600 out there who have the schematic.
I have the schematic, but I think it is impossible to load iut here.
I have a proplem in the output section of one channel. The LED doesn't light up (it is LED3 in the schematic) And there is no voltage on one of the output fet's (Q405). I think Q405 is broken.
My question is: Can I change Q405 (it is a P12N10) or do I then have a missmatch with the complymentary one so there would be an dc offset on the output. And is it possible to to trimm the dc with one of the trimmpoti's around Q405 and the complymentary one ore do I have to change the complemantary one to?
I know some stupid question, but answers will help a lot.
I asked because I want to know if it is worth trying to get an P12N10.

Thanks,
Dirk

this is what I have

Attachments

• parasound_dac_1600onechannel.jpg
    parasound_dac_1600onechannel.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 554
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.