Slim Devices customer support

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just installed 64 bit ubuntu linux on my athlon 64 computer. I checked for a slimserver install package at slimdevices.com but there was none for the AMD64 version of the OS. I posted a message to that effect on their forums at about 7pm Friday night, and there was a working package created and posted by about 5pm on Saturday!

If you are on the fence with regard to computerizing your system, or you already have but aren't sure about dumping windoze, the time is NOW!

I_F

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I have an athlon64 based desktop as well and just installed the 64 bit version of ubuntu linux. I' m impressed.. I'm using grub for dual boot to winXP pro..

This is probably the way linux should be - almost as easy as installing windoz. My only problem was in partitioning the drives such that existing files were not overwritten.

Next to deal with windoz not liking the ext3 file partition and wanting to check it.

Incidentally running linux right now..

Thanks for the tip! :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.