Help needed for Marantz CD63 mkII KI Signature

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, the primary on the toroidal mains transformer is burnt out, it's an ILP 1E627 looks to be part of the KI upgrade as the board seems to be made for an IE core tranie not a toroidal, sent a n email to ILP but no reply yet, anyone got one spare or have any ideas for me to get this classic going again?
Here are a couple of pics.

Cheers George

Attachments

• 100_0429x.jpg
    100_0429x.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 473
poynton said:
Hi.

The toroid is the only major change in the KI, apart from value changes in many components.

You can replace with the standard tx from a '63.

Andy

It looks as though the standard 63 mkII trany is not available here in Australia also.

Does anyone have the power supply schematic with voltages and conections,( there are 11 wires in the secondary), so at least I can out source an alternative trans former or two.

Cheers George

georgehifi said:

It looks as though the standard 63 mkII trany is not available here in Australia also.

Does anyone have the power supply schematic with voltages and conections,( there are 11 wires in the secondary), so at least I can out source an alternative trans former or two.

Cheers George

Hi.

I have posted the complete manual here.

http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=170595

Hope it helps !!
The only real problem is providing the supply to the display.
Your cd-p will benefit from multiple transformers especially if you split the +5v supplies to the digital and analog sections.

The thread "Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list" is well worth reading although very long !

Andy

georgehifi said:
I think there may be a typo on the 3.6v bottom winding, further along it says -19.6 VF1 top and -19.6 VF2 bottom, can you understand what they mean?

Cheers George

Hi.

The diagram is correct.

The 3.6v winding provides the AC heater current to the filament of the display.
It is kept at a potential of -19.6vDC derived from VFTD. (via the -24v regulator Q851 and transistors Q852/853/854). It is possible to shut off or dim the display by reducing the -19.6v.

Andy

I have the same problem: trans 1E627 in my Marantz CD 63 Mk II is burnt out. I want to repair it by myself, but can't find the scheme of it. Can anybody help me?

File with manual, that Poynton posted, doesn't exist now. Poynton or georgehifi, can you send me this manual? gorpenyuk at gmail.com
Thank you in advance.

aliza said:
I have the same problem: trans 1E627 in my Marantz CD 63 Mk II is burnt out. I want to repair it by myself, but can't find the scheme of it. Can anybody help me?

File with manual, that Poynton posted, doesn't exist now. Poynton or georgehifi, can you send me this manual? gorpenyuk at gmail.com
Thank you in advance.

Sorry, long gone.

Cheers George

Hi
I have a problem with a modified CD63KI. It seems to read discs ok but about halfway through a track it would stop producing sound (other than popping) - The cd still spins and displays timer progress. Then sound would return after a few minutes then it would skip or play for a few minutes then produce no sound and this will go on until the end of the cd.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.