Regulators for my TCXO Circuit- What preferred 7805? Reg101? LT1763? Any experiences

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am replacing my standard crystal (16.9344) with a TCXO in my RCD971 player. I am going to have a dedicated power supply from downstream of secondaries - Schottky diodes to Oscons and ferrite beads (in a CLCLC configuration) to a regulator.

What have you found as the best regulation type circuit?

I was going to do a double regulation circuit (317 or 7808 as the first stage) and one of these others (7805/Reg101/LT1763) as the secondary stage regulator.

I was going use ferrite beads where I can to cut down in the >1MHZ range as well.

Is the 7808 or 317T 3 Pin regulators any noisier than the new Reg101 or LT1763? And if they are will they transmit this noise thru to the secondary regulators?

Or should I use just use one regulation stage using the Reg101 or LT1763 (which one is better for this application?).

Is there something better for a regulation circuit (DIY of course!) that I should be using for this critical circuit?

Any help or experience with this type of application would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.