VRDS problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there!
I've got an modified Teac vrds10se with lcaudio clock, all new capacitors and lm 6171 opamps.
I also got an parasound 1500 DAC. So what I did, I put out the DAC board, put in 2 shuntregulators from tentlabs and changed the lcaudio clock to tentlabs xo-2. Now the sled from the transport can go out and in, the cd is pushed on the clamp but when I push the play button the clamp/disc won,t turn.
Does somebody know what I did wrong? The change from the clock is the same I think, or is it not? Thanks allready, Teake

intense-tavda said:
Hi there!
I've got an modified Teac vrds10se with lcaudio clock, all new capacitors and lm 6171 opamps.
I also got an parasound 1500 DAC. So what I did, I put out the DAC board, put in 2 shuntregulators from tentlabs and changed the lcaudio clock to tentlabs xo-2. Now the sled from the transport can go out and in, the cd is pushed on the clamp but when I push the play button the clamp/disc won,t turn.
Does somebody know what I did wrong? The change from the clock is the same I think, or is it not? Thanks allready, Teake

Hi

You have changed 2 things in one time, so it is kinda hard to distinguish now

Did you check the output voltage of the shunts ?

best

intense-tavda said:
Thanks for the reply Guido!
I got on the the positive 5V 3,6V and on the negative 5V 9,1V on the out pins. Grtz Teake.

then they are connected wrong, and or from the +5 too much current is drawn

Mail me seperately and I will send you the application note for the shunts, for some reason I cannot upload that to my web (where other PDF files work flawlessly)

best

Hi again!
I soldered the shunts again measured on the positive shunt in 11V on the out 4.9V, on the negative I measured on the in 11V and on the out 0.3V. I measured between gnd-In and gnd-Out. So what's going wrong here? Can anybody tell me. Thanks for the answer. Grtz Teake
ps measuring between In and Out gave ont the positive 5.7V and on the negative 10.7V
The old ones were 78M05 and 79M05

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.