Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th December 2006, 12:41 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

the link i posted is to nikko- try clicking it!

and regarding the grease yes the spray grease is better as its kind of in between a good synt oil and the tube formula

i tried the tube and used a 1.5 volt battrey to power the lazer sledge motor and watched which substance made the running gear go the fastest smoothest and still remain soild and quiet.

i stipped the whole assembly down and cleaned and used a small amount of spray grease but first sprayed the grease into its own lid and then applied it using a small screwdrive.

i carnt imagine that greasing these part much will do it any good as all part are very slow moving and the plastics used are soft.

the crome bar that the lazer slides on is not tight fitting so there again it only needs an light lub to get it going.

over greasing will cause the same affect as a bad lazer as all it will do is slow the whole assembly down.

if your is skipping then skip the lazer asap and try reconing your drive and fit a new motor. i tried every other option and found this to be the best and i worked first time and feels to be the best way as you use your origional parts as much as poss.

the motors on the drive will not the the problem 9/10 time as the are only running light revs. and all drives out there currently are recons so why ditch your for one thats been around the world a few times......
Old 14th December 2006, 07:50 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

I last re-greased about 5 years back, I'm pretty sure it's the just a grease problem as there is not disc reading problems, and only tends to skip near the end of a disc. I'll get my hands on some spray grease at some point soon. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a complete mech and loader. So if anyone knows where I can get a loader let me know.

Also has anyone got any preferences on the spray grease to use for long term use? (Don't want to keep taking it apart to regrease.) Sorry for all the questions been a while and only ever used tubed stuff like I said.

Hide this!Advertise here!