KSS213C LASER UNIT installation ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
fender62 wrote:
and then what? i have rad iwould have to desolder a anti static
protection point on new module where is it on new lens can you point me to a pic as to where it is.

There are 2 pads that are shorted at the side of 16way connector of laser module.Remove short and install.Sorry no pictures hope words can help.Take photos before taking apart the transport mechanism observing which connector goes where ,helps if you do markings.Don't forget the position of data flat/flexible 16way cable.Remove relevant screws and flip transport over to see the laser module.There are 2 white plastic stoppers/holders holding guide rods,gently use screw driver or fingers to push aside plastic and slide rod out.I think you get the picture,the rest is common sense.Good luck.

thanks very much, i manged and i hope im correct the laser unit i need is a kss213c, can you confirm for the denon dcd-685 also
when i replace unit and have put in unit will it work properly
without having to adjust anything else if iput it in just like original one. i bought the player used for not much and dont want ot pay for a repair job, as it would cost more than the unit is worth to be honest. im pretty good at repairing things.

Hi,
Before main disassembly,slide off/unhook front plastic plate of tray or it may hinder removal of transport.Power on to eject tray.Shut off power afterwards.Do not look directly into lens.

1. Unplug the 16way data cable.
2. Unplug the motor connector,there's another one with question mark(maybe).
3.Unscrew 2 screws that hold the top plate(magnetic clamp) because the other 2 screws that lock the transport frame is under it (green arrows).The other 2 screws are obvious.

edit-- You may also post another close up of laser module (under side) if you wish after removal.(transport)

edit-- IMPORTANT, do not do no.3 as I've mistaken the screws,the actual ones are black in colour near the arrowed ones.SORRY.

Attachments

• cdlens.jpg
    cdlens.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 297
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.