denon cd player sound breaking up

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i have a denon dcd-685 cd player lately the sound on any cd i use starts to break up distort im assuming the lens is failing i have tried cleaning it gently with an ear bud, made no difference
what else can i try or where can i get a new lens cheap if poss i looked at grandata but i didnt see a lens for my model or will any denon lens fit

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi fender62,
You can't just change parts and expect the unit to work really well. There are some adjustments to do as also. Normally there is also some cleaning and relubrication to do and that step done wrong can lead to a non-working unit.

So, if you want to proceed yourself, find a friend that is a technician and hook it up to his bench. If you need a laser pickup, you will need a disc motor as well. The table height is critical. The first step is to get ahold of the service manual. Denon also has some self test routines built in to help troubleshoot. Make use of them.

Failing that, take it in for service at a good shop, not a cheap shop. Once the mechanical things are dealt with (laser and disc motor) you will have what amounts to a new machine.

-Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.