Anyone know of Alex Peychev of APL HiFi and his new ultimate CDP?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Alex? Be careful

My Phillips SACD 1000, modified by APL early on was quite good. while it lasted. Two trips back to APL within six months. and a final trip sometime within a year after that. the unit has never been returned. This fellow has a reputation for non comunication. and I concur with that. His Public relations people (the number on the website) no longer represent him.
It's been 2.5 years since I sent my player back, and numerous e-mails and this guy will not communicate. I spent over $2000 on this mod and have nothing to show. It's like it has been stolen. Watch out for this guy.

Don't blame Alex for the inevitable failure of your Phillips SACD 1000, they were doomed to fail from the first time they were switched on.
These and the ones below sounded great when they worked and responded to mods to sound even better that Alex did, but the mods that made them sound better had nothing to do with the inherent fault that the transport decoder board had, later Alex had other mods for that, but even he said they were temporary only, and not worth doing, because they would all still die after a few months of use.
All the Musical Fidelity Trivista sacd players ($13,000aud) failed in the end, all ending up as land fill, they too used the dreaded Phillips SACD 1000 transport with integrated decoder board.
Also the first gen Krell sacd player ended up as paper weights, because of this Phillips transport.
Alex had a way of prolonging the death of these transports with some mods but still they died, every time they were use the decoder board got slightly more corrupted with a cancerous like noise which started to kill off the Philips SAA7399HL/M2A Digital Servo Controller "MACE2" and the the Philips FURORE DSP, SAA7331HL chips until like all cancers it kills them. Philips now do not even recognize these chips as they do not want to be associated with them they were so so much trouble.
So go easy on Alex, can you imagine the hell he went through with customers that he moded the players for to sound better, only to have them return in a few months and blame him for the Philips transport problem I can imagine him not taking irate phone calls in the end.
Cheers George

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.