ReVox B225

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
anatech said:
Hi Zen Mod,
Dead end chip set, very similar to my Nak OMS-7. Surgery time. I am attempting the same thing you are.

-Chris

hehe
even venerable,just too nice toy to abandon .....;)
I'm looking for non-os surgery and certainly some butchery after TDA1541.....those 8 legged fuses are like bugs.....I'll replace them with something simpler fer sure ;)....who knows,mebbe even some repeater coils on output ,just to add some spice :devilr:

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
:cheerful:
I'm still thinking of taking the RF signal and feeding it into another pcb in parallel (with buffers of course). Using a more standard chip set I could get there. All you need is a dremel with a cut off wheel and a car CD. Route the RF in and take your digital signals out. Taaa Daaa!

-Chris

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
reference CD part No. 46241?????

boyz and girlz,does someone know any data about "reference CD part No. 46241" mentioned in ReVox service manual ?
today I checked "power" in laser diode and I almost fell from my chair-just to conclude after that that measured voltage across one resistor is strictly related on sort of cd playing in that moment......
what exactly I need is -what is track No.1 on this CD....if I know that,mebbe I can make one easy burnie :)

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Zen Mod,
It has nothing to do with the information on track 1. It's pretty cheesy stuff. I am so sick of it on mine. I have 5A as well ($250). It has printed defects on it.

The important thing is the reflectivity and pit shape. That determines the strength of the reflected signal. I have no clue what would be close. I just use the Philips disc. Denon did a similar thing with CA-1094, but it only cost me $20. Better music too.

-Chris

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
anatech said:
Hi Zen Mod,
It has nothing to do with the information on track 1. It's pretty cheesy stuff. I am so sick of it on mine. I have 5A as well ($250). It has printed defects on it.

The important thing is the reflectivity and pit shape. That determines the strength of the reflected signal. I have no clue what would be close. I just use the Philips disc. Denon did a similar thing with CA-1094, but it only cost me $20. Better music too.

-Chris

Tnx Cris ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.