spare part Arcam Alpha 5 cd player

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
re Arcam Alpha 5 tray opening

HI all,
I wrote a while ago my problem,that I had to replace the gear and wheel of the tray opening mechanism on my Arcam Alpha 5 cd player.
Well,I got in touch with Arcam,but they just referred me to the distributor here in Israel,and the dist. here will want me to just leave it for a long time,whereas another technician who I trust very much here suggests I check for more sources.
Would there be an alternative source for the gear and wheel,something in London?I'll actually be there in ten days time so it would be convenient.
Any help much appreciated.

Paul in Jerusalem

RE Arcam Alpha 5 spare parts

HI Jean Paul,
Yes I did read your post,but there is one problem.Arcam refer me to the agent here,who then tells me to take the machine to his regular technician in Tel Aviv,where it will sit for a long time,as they don't hold parts there and will wait till they order parts again.
I normally use a great Jerusalem technician,where I live,who used to be the agents technician when the agent used to be based in Jerusalem.
I have to go to Londong for a week in ten days time,so if I could find the parts in London while there I would have the machine up and running much faster than using the Israeli Arcam agent.

any ideas?

thanks,

Paul

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.