Schematic for Rotel RCD-1072

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
PCM1732
There is only 2 op amps after like in the CD63, and as my friend is a bit scared on this I think simple & superbe LME49720HAs and Rubycon ZA/ZL around can do wonders.
I apologize for the fast statement of average quality DAC, like the Onkyo I had and like a Sansui with Mash I helped to mod these can sound very good with few, even if they are not the best...

Datasheet:
http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/datasheets_pdf/P/C/M/1/PCM1732.shtml

I have the service manual =)
MP if someone want it.

The BB DAC uses dc blocking caps before the opamps and after!
I may use good ones between DAC and opamps and nothing after LM4562 wich does not do much DC as far as I've tested on my players until now.
The question is what value there, manual talk of 50V/4.7µF lytic cap (no mention of the brand/model) so I was considering some 4.7µF Icel caps (size) or Obliggato MKPs... don't know If lower capacity is posible We can save room & money!
Maybe a clock ready to fit but I don't know where to find one. I'm a bit tired of making Fleas on test boards. There are Tentlabs' XOs on eBay at DIY Hifi but I don't know if these are copies or real stuff from Guido.

Any idea welcome :)

Matthieu

Schematic for RCD-1072

Hello Matthieu,
I am new to the forum and cannot email you direct. Would you be able to supply the Service manual for the RCD-1072? I have a RCC-1055 which is the 5 disc cd player. It uses the same DAC, but uses OP275 op amps also has 4.7uF/25 volt coupling caps between DAC and opamps and then 100uf/25 volt caps between op amps and the rca outputs. The capacitors used are a brand I have never heard of (Su Con?). They are 85 c rated. I am going to replace all electrolytics with Rubicon low ESR. I am thinking of using Metalised polyester to replace the 4.7uF coupling caps but do not know about the 100uF maybe Panasonic Bipolar or FC. I am after the RCD-1072 manual to see the componets they used in the upmaket model. By the way I have replaced the power diodes with high speed low noise ones, this reduced the power supply noise a lot.

Any help very welcome
Regards
Giovanni

Rotel rcd-1072 schematic

Hi Matthieu,
My email address is gvaticano@gmail.com if you would like to pass on the manual. I have been looking at the coupling Caps MKP for the 4.7uF is no problem BC metalised Polyester. For the 100uF I am thinking of using 220uF Rubicon ZL (low esr) 2 caps in series with negative terminals togeather. This would be like a 110uF bi polar electrolytic a cheap alternative and easy for me to get in Australia.

I am also wondering if this cap (100uF) needs to be this big, what would happen if the size was reduced? I know I would lose some low freqencies but doing the calculations this cap has a 3db roll off at .08 HZ?

The 4.7uf using the input impedance of the lm4562 as 30Kohm has a roll off 3db point at 1.1 hertz but I have read that this needs to be 10 times lower than the lowest frequency you want so 12Hz is the lowest freq the combination will pass with ease.

The article to read about this is at www.ecp.cc/cap-notes.html it is called some notes on coupling capacitors.

It may help if you are thinking of reducing it's value.

By the way does the RCD-1072 have the lm4562 op amps as standard?

I will let you know how I go. good luck with your mods.
Regards
Giovanni

Hello Pars,
I am not sure I have the technical ability to create a discrete output stage with dc coupling. Would you be able to suggest some reading on the topic or are there pre designed or pre built modules. It is a good idea and I know some hi end gear uses this method.
Regards
Wombat

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.