Taking Apart a Rega Planet

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just got a used Rega Planet 2000 and Me being me, I always like to pop open the hood and find out what the heck makes things tick. I admit this is the first peice of gear ive ever come across that offered some resistance. I have a degree in eletronics and am good hands on but I couldnt definitively figure out just how to get the thing apart.

Considering its not broken i didnt try everything but i took what i could of the back off, unscrewed the bottom from the main chassis but the transport, back and front all seem connected. How the heck do you get this thing apart?

On another note, I also bought a replacement Laser pickup for it ( sony KSS-213B ) from Electronix.com for 8 bucks just incase it dies on me down the road. I have never replaced a pickup assembly before but I dont imagine its all too hard. Are there anything sort of special adjustments i would need if i ever have to replace it? Im not looking to mod my cdp or anything but for 8 bucks to have a spare laser on hand isint a bad idea for a 1000 cdp seeing as how thats pretty much the only part that would conceivably give me any problems. Regardless of what it says inside the rega "this is a local cdp for local people and there shall be no problems here"

And yes, i did search the forum.

From your post,it would be a good idea to take photos at every stage so you can put it back together again.The 213b laser need to "unlock" or remove solder short before installing.This is for ESD proection so I don't have to tell you what to do since you're EE.

It would be helpful if you can post photo of rega in order to see how to disassemble.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.