Altman Attraction DAC. Ulas, Poobah, rfblw, Guido, anyone?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
MGH said:
Can anyone explain to me what makes this DAC so revolutionary, at least according to it's designer/seller? I'm still not sure what is so special about JISCO? There was a thread about this DAC on this board, but no one really got into the technical details of this DAC. Ulas, dare I ask your thoughts on this DAC? Maybe Poobah or rfblw can chip in?

http://www.mother-of-tone.com/attraction.htm

Re JISCO try this.
As for the dac, it uses the TDA1543, a chip I dislike intensely, so any comment will be biased. So here is a probably more objective comment.

steve jones said:
Actually, DUC985's opinion/preference is subjective. So is yours. Mine too.

I wonder if he used a dedicated PS or Charles' recommended battery power. Makes alot of difference with the Attraction.

Now that's a fact, IMHO. :)

FWIW,
-Steve

In so far as he is prepared to contemplate listening to the TDA1543, compared to me he is objective.

I wouldn't care to comment beyond that I saw that site awhile back... the guy's not just whacko... but angry too... cones can ONLY be PAPER etc... dead giveaway.

:smash:
:spin:

Edit: I looked at the TDA1543... the minimum SNR is published at 90 dB... which really implies 15 bit performance. Looks like another mythical magical chip to me.

MGH said:
Can anyone explain to me what makes this DAC so revolutionary, at least according to it's designer/seller? I'm still not sure what is so special about JISCO? There was a thread about this DAC on this board, but no one really got into the technical details of this DAC. Ulas, dare I ask your thoughts on this DAC? Maybe Poobah or rfblw can chip in?

I've never heard one, I do not know the price either so can't judge on performance. It seems they take care of jitter, allthough I do not know the performance of the clocks they use, nor do I see extensive (low noise) power supplies. The TDA1543 in my ears (and measurements) is not the best choice for acurate and high resolution playback.

best

Off topic

Guido Tent said:

I've never heard one, I do not know the price either so can't judge on performance. It seems they take care of jitter, allthough I do not know the performance of the clocks they use, nor do I see extensive (low noise) power supplies. The TDA1543 in my ears (and measurements) is not the best choice for acurate and high resolution playback.

best

LOL!

Considering that Guido could not deliver a XO2 and XO Supply that measurably met his own published specs to me in over 2 months of multiple back and forth shipping, and eventually ripping me off of $221.00 by giving up and refusing me a refund, I find these comments from Guido laughable.

And those *are* facts. Guido/Tentlabs is a ripoff.

Guido. I would still like to return the unmounted unworking kludge you sold me for a refund. Nothing more.

Care to own up, or are you as usual blowing wind?

-Steve Jones

Re: Off topic

steve jones said:

LOL!

Considering that Guido could not deliver a XO2 and XO Supply that measurably met his own published specs to me in over 2 months of multiple back and forth shipping, and eventually ripping me off of $221.00 by giving up and refusing me a refund, I find these comments from Guido laughable.

And those *are* facts. Guido/Tentlabs is a ripoff.

Guido. I would still like to return the unmounted unworking kludge you sold me for a refund. Nothing more.

Care to own up, or are you as usual blowing wind?

-Steve Jones

After 2 errors from my side, and some back and forth shipments, the modules in your hands meet the specs and function well.

MGH said:

spruce!

poobah said:
I wouldn't care to comment beyond that I saw that site awhile back... the guy's not just whacko... but angry too... cones can ONLY be PAPER etc... dead giveaway.

It's that tda1543 spruce thing again ! :D

Messages and distortion! http://www.mother-of-tone.com/messages.htm

Funny though... driven mad by tda1543! :dead:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.