cd75MkII mod ... it could be a saga

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok i have been given a phillips manual on PDF that appears to suit and thanks for that.

Im after a clock for its first mod.

Ive seen a few clock 'kits' from tent, burson etc mentioned (even though burson mentioned it themselves)

What i would like to know is has anyone tried the burson, at less than 1/3 the price of the tent clock its a little more attractive, unless of course it sounds like shiet... The tent it appears has a very good reputation but at over 400 landed in aus... ouch

I did have a member offer me a clock that several of them had made and they had a few left over but alas he seems to have disappeared ... if your there im still interested.

El_Hefty said:
Ok i have been given a phillips manual on PDF that appears to suit and thanks for that.

Im after a clock for its first mod.

Ive seen a few clock 'kits' from tent, burson etc mentioned (even though burson mentioned it themselves)

What i would like to know is has anyone tried the burson, at less than 1/3 the price of the tent clock its a little more attractive, unless of course it sounds like shiet... The tent it appears has a very good reputation but at over 400 landed in aus... ouch

I did have a member offer me a clock that several of them had made and they had a few left over but alas he seems to have disappeared ... if your there im still interested.

Hi

I have not evaluated the Burson clock, so cannot comment on it.

The Tentlabs XO2 clock is priced 109 euro (VAT included), that is 184 AUD (shipping adds another 10 AUD). The seperate XO power supply is 151 AUD.

A true DIY version (XO) with power supply support on the site is available at 49 AUD

best

Burson

Just to give some insight , I'm about to order my second Burson clock module. The first one I installed in my Sony NS555ES DVD player. I did this before any other mods just to see if i noticed any difference(this was my first superclock swap,btw). Most noticable was the increase in depth and width of the soundstage , along with less 'spitiness' I often hear with mid-fi digital. I cannot say if other 'clock makers' have better design, or outcome. This one simply made a nice difference , and well worth the money I spent on it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.