Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th August 2006, 11:56 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default cd75MkII mod ... it could be a saga

Ok i have been given a phillips manual on PDF that appears to suit and thanks for that.

Im after a clock for its first mod.

Ive seen a few clock 'kits' from tent, burson etc mentioned (even though burson mentioned it themselves)

What i would like to know is has anyone tried the burson, at less than 1/3 the price of the tent clock its a little more attractive, unless of course it sounds like shiet... The tent it appears has a very good reputation but at over 400 landed in aus... ouch

I did have a member offer me a clock that several of them had made and they had a few left over but alas he seems to have disappeared ... if your there im still interested.
Old 18th August 2006, 06:59 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default Re: cd75MkII mod ... it could be a saga

Quote:
Originally posted by El_Hefty
Ok i have been given a phillips manual on PDF that appears to suit and thanks for that.

Im after a clock for its first mod.

Ive seen a few clock 'kits' from tent, burson etc mentioned (even though burson mentioned it themselves)

What i would like to know is has anyone tried the burson, at less than 1/3 the price of the tent clock its a little more attractive, unless of course it sounds like shiet... The tent it appears has a very good reputation but at over 400 landed in aus... ouch

I did have a member offer me a clock that several of them had made and they had a few left over but alas he seems to have disappeared ... if your there im still interested.

Hi

I have not evaluated the Burson clock, so cannot comment on it.

The Tentlabs XO2 clock is priced 109 euro (VAT included), that is 184 AUD (shipping adds another 10 AUD). The seperate XO power supply is 151 AUD.

A true DIY version (XO) with power supply support on the site is available at 49 AUD

best
Old 18th August 2006, 09:44 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

well that changes things a little ...will have another look at the site
Old 18th August 2006, 10:14 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Default Burson

Just to give some insight , I'm about to order my second Burson clock module. The first one I installed in my Sony NS555ES DVD player. I did this before any other mods just to see if i noticed any difference(this was my first superclock swap,btw). Most noticable was the increase in depth and width of the soundstage , along with less 'spitiness' I often hear with mid-fi digital. I cannot say if other 'clock makers' have better design, or outcome. This one simply made a nice difference , and well worth the money I spent on it.
Old 18th August 2006, 11:17 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

A second amen to the Burson clock. Used one in a Samsung DVD and currently one in a CD63SE. Have not used others to date, but felt it was good bang for the buck.
Old 19th August 2006, 05:38 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the responses, for the price it seems to be a standout.

Hide this!Advertise here!