DIP digital audio receiver...?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi raikkonen,
The dip version of cs8414 is cs8412 but is discontinued,the difference is that the newer 8414 can do 24bit/96khz.Both are pin compatible.Try asking members if they have a spare .Now no receiver is DIP anymore.As for free sample I think T.I. stop giving samples because of this type of abuse.:D

the dir1703 and dir1701 seems not exist in ti website...:confused:
but cirrus(with a bit of luck) probably will send me the cs8416 in soic, and i have already found an adapter on ebay from china...:D
sorry but i had bad experiences with homemade pcb's...:eek: but maybe a little adapter...do you have a layout?

ciao roberto!
rs-components is a little bit too expensive...especially for people like me who catches components from free sample service of various corporations...:D ortherwise ebay is usually a good cheap source!!now i'm waiting for the cs8416 confirn and looking for a dac...i've found the ad1866, free and DIP!!but don't know if it's easy to interface with cs8416...

raikkonen said:
the dir1703 and dir1701 seems not exist in ti website...:confused:
but cirrus(with a bit of luck) probably will send me the cs8416 in soic, and i have already found an adapter on ebay from china...:D
sorry but i had bad experiences with homemade pcb's...:eek: but maybe a little adapter...do you have a layout?

They were discontinued around a year ago (or so).

raikkonen said:
i supposed...but it's strange that nothing is left on their website...you know a datasheet, an application note...nothing!!

Yes it is very strange indeed. Usually discontinued parts are "obsoleted" and the data remains available. They are trying to make it look like the part never existed. I still have a few of each that I haven't used yet, and they can't delete the datasheet files from my hard drive!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.