wm8740

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Wolfson WM8740 DAC

Hi,
While at my dealers showroom I stumbled upon a Arcam CD33 FMJ series Up-sampling CD player. It uses the Wolfson WM8740 DAC. Arcam apparently gave up the ring DAC.
The DAC chip is available from Wolfsons website for $ 8. Funny to see pricing in $$ instead of GBP's or Euro's on a UK based company's website.;) Anyone has a listening experience with this DAC???
http://www.wolfsonmicro.com/

Hi All,

Glad to see interest in Wolfson Products! I work in technical marketing for Wolfson and stumbled across this site when checking out our weblogs. I'd be happy to field any questions from you guys on any of our stuff.

and just so you know we have our 8740 designed into SSL, Korg, Mark Levinson, Arcam, Rega, Harmon Kardon, Onkyo, Yahama ........... the list goes on!

I could go on about the architecture of our sigma delta modulators as to why our DACs sound better ... but i'll leave that one for another day!

and yes it was our DAC in the XBOX

Cheers,
Stephen

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.