defective Revox B225 sings like a bird

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

i have a B225 that I ( try to ) repair for a friend, when I play a piano CD it only sings like a bird "tschilp" and also there is 50Hz hum.

The 50 Hz hum looks like a bad supply voltage, supply voltages seem to be ok, +/- 12 V for analog, for the TDA1540 -5V , +4V ( taken via R lytic-C from 5V line ) and -13V ( is that enough ??? )
Havent looke with a scope though.

Already changed all SAA ICs without succsess, the RAM I don't have.

Any hint where to search ?

While we are at it, I have another bird here, my Analyzer.

On power up there is no problem, then after a few minutes it goes partly off with a "tschirp" ( I think it comes from the switching PSU ), no screen and no LEDs on plug in.
One minute later it goes on again, the processor of the plug in needs a restart of the whole machine.
And then it usually works forever.

When it is warm in the room, there isn't any problem at all, but when it is cold, it is getting more serious, fails after minutes again and again.

Looks like it fails at a specific temperature which is very ugly...

Bernhard,
the Revox, is the noise in the output or from the transport.

Sometimes, if the focus servo is to tight the transport will 'ring' like a bell.

Otherwise its most likely the power supply. I always change all the 'litics, cures 90% of problems.

Cheers

Philippe

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Bernhard,
Did you have a look at your supplies with your 'scope first? I too have found many bad electrollytics in these. The chips would be my last resort.

-Chris

Edit: The tracking servo oscillates in the 500~600 Hz range since this is a one beam system.

The singing is not mechanical sound from the transport / laser, it comes from the audio output instead of music.

First there is the singing that gives the impression that data format is corrupted ( but that usually sounds noisier ) and ten there is 50 Hz hum.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.