Marantz CD75mkII to mod or not to mod that is the question. - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th July 2006, 07:40 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Marantz CD75mkII to mod or not to mod that is the question.

Been reading threads for a few years about modding old marantz gear and i have a spare CD75mkII sitting here waiting for some mods... or not.

Is the CD 75mkII a good unit to mod?

Would i be better off starting with a 'better' unit if there is one? I know the 63 seems to be a favourite

Remember this is a spare unit that works well, a little noisy on spin up of an newly inserted CD but that seems to be its only fault.

This would be my first project or disaster and im a little hesitant to spend up on another player to practice on.

Any help guidance would be appreciated. this young modder would only be too happy to be pointed in the right direction.
Old 30th July 2006, 08:25 AM   #2
Luke is offline Luke  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Luke
yep its a good player. Im not sure what the Philips equivalent is, maybe a cd650 or 850? Anyway, it uses a tda1541A.
I have a cd650 and a clock upgrade and opamps made it a million times better. Its amazing what this alone can do to a player.
If you want to get flash the skies the limit, but read the cd67 mod thread for upgrades, its the same stuff more or less for all players.
Old 30th July 2006, 09:45 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

yeah i read the 63 & 67 mod list thread.... got lost at page 2**

anybody know of the burson clocks etc on fleabay?
Old 30th July 2006, 11:08 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

I have this player. Very good for mods, especially as a transport. This has a CDM1/MkII mechanism which is very desirable. A good clock is a must have upgrade.
Old 30th July 2006, 10:13 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Send me an email (your forum email is disabled) if you want a PDF of the service manual. I have one for a nearly equivalent Philips machine. It's slightly different than the CD75, but it's close enough in most areas.
Old 30th July 2006, 10:45 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

i think its because i havnt posted much i cant email you either

email address is

imdrowning AT bigpond DOT com

That would be a great help thanks for the offer
Old 31st August 2006, 01:29 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jeff mai
Send me an email (your forum email is disabled) if you want a PDF of the service manual. I have one for a nearly equivalent Philips machine. It's slightly different than the CD75, but it's close enough in most areas.

Jeff likewise I cannot email you but would appreciate a PDF of the service manual. (red-row@tiscali.co.uk) - sorry to keep bothering you but it looks like you are the man who admits to have done most with a cd-75.

thanks
Guy

Hide this!Advertise here!