USB powered NOS USB DAC with built-in headphone amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
kec said:
dsavitsk, or anyone else,

Question: How is a OS DAC (PCM2706) changed into an NOS one? Please forgive me, I'm new to this DAC stuff. Just trying to learn.

In this case, the PCM2707 is only used to convert USB to I2S. This I2S signal (which is NOS) is sent to a TDA1543 chip to do the actual conversion from digital to analog. If the 2707 is used as a dac, then it probably oversamples or something, but I don't use it that way.

-d

tomcuk said:
Is easy to modify the board to accept an external power supply?

I suppose you could simply not populaate the PS parts and figure out where to hook up some batteries or something. It is small and there is lots of SMD, but it could probably be done without too much trouble.

Do you foresee any problems in doing this?

The biggest problem is you would then need to lug around a PS which defeats the whole point of the project. :) Otherwise, probably not an issue.

Guys what do you thing about this dac, will it sound good? It is 4 or 8 x tda1543 non os dac, i consider about buying it. I had ak4393 and didn´t like the sound.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
main01.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.