Just picked up a Marantz CD-94 mkII: schem/ser manual + modding suggestions?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As per thread title. :)

I have recently come into possession of one of these players, and it's in only what can be described as ALMOST-NEW condition.

It would be great if someone out there could email me copies of the schematic/service manual for the MKII model. The old threads which I have dug up usually mention the mkI model instead.

You can email them to <oh.aaron@gmail.com>

Also, if anyone has any suggestions for mods, please let me know. :)

Hello Geoff,

Thanks for you help with the service manual. It is really greatly appreciated. :)

Anyway, wrt modding the CD-94II, I was thinking more along the lines of replacing whatever components there were that would not have aged well - ie electrolytics (is there anything else that would not age well?).

Also, I was considering replacing the diodes in the PSU with soft-recovery types. In other words, I am eager to 'preserve' the sound of this magnificent player but at the same time hopping that I can take advantage of whatever advances in technology have given us (in the meantime since 1989). :p

Hello tube-lover - could you give me a little more detail on this mysterious 'peter' character? I'm kinda new around here. ;)

Hi guys!

Appreciate if u can email me the ‚“‚…‚’‚–‚‰‚ƒ‚… ‚�‚�‚Ž‚•‚�‚Œ/‚“‚ƒ‚ˆ‚…‚�‚�‚”‚‰‚ƒ ‚”‚�‚� ‚”‚� ‚†‚Œ‚™‚‚‚�‚‰�—g‚�‚�‚‰‚Œ.‚ƒ‚�‚� �BThanks!

Cheers!

Eddy.

I have a CD94 Mk I, but I think the PSU is identical to Mk II. I replaced the diodes D831-4 and D807-10 to BYV27-200, and D841-4 to SF38. Also replaced the 7812 stabilizator to LM2940T-12, the 7912 to LM2990T-12, and the 7805 to LM2940T-5. I found ELNA Cerafine capacitors in the PSU, and I left them. There is also a discrete +5V stabilizer that is as good as it is.
A low jitter master clock is a must.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.