Just picked up a Marantz CD-94 mkII: schem/ser manual + modding suggestions? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th July 2006, 01:15 PM   #1
adhoc is offline adhoc  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default Just picked up a Marantz CD-94 mkII: schem/ser manual + modding suggestions?

As per thread title.

I have recently come into possession of one of these players, and it's in only what can be described as ALMOST-NEW condition.

It would be great if someone out there could email me copies of the schematic/service manual for the MKII model. The old threads which I have dug up usually mention the mkI model instead.

You can email them to <oh.aaron@gmail.com>

Also, if anyone has any suggestions for mods, please let me know.
Old 24th July 2006, 03:49 PM   #2
Geoff is offline Geoff  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Just picked up a Marantz CD-94 mkII: schem/ser manual + modding suggestions?

Quote:
Originally posted by adhoc
I have recently come into possession of one of these players, and it's in only what can be described as ALMOST-NEW condition.
Who's a lucky person then!

Quote:
You can email them to <oh.aaron@gmail.com>
You have mail.
Old 24th July 2006, 03:58 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

hi ,

peter had some experience can share how to imrove the cd-94.

pls try to contact to him.

thx

thomas
Old 24th July 2006, 11:16 PM   #4
adhoc is offline adhoc  Australia
diyAudio Member

Hello Geoff,

Thanks for you help with the service manual. It is really greatly appreciated.

Anyway, wrt modding the CD-94II, I was thinking more along the lines of replacing whatever components there were that would not have aged well - ie electrolytics (is there anything else that would not age well?).

Also, I was considering replacing the diodes in the PSU with soft-recovery types. In other words, I am eager to 'preserve' the sound of this magnificent player but at the same time hopping that I can take advantage of whatever advances in technology have given us (in the meantime since 1989). :P

Hello tube-lover - could you give me a little more detail on this mysterious 'peter' character? I'm kinda new around here.
Old 25th July 2006, 02:03 PM   #5
flyboi is offline flyboi  Malaysia
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to flyboi
Hi guys!

Appreciate if u can email me the ‚“‚…‚’‚–‚‰‚ƒ‚… ‚‚‚Ž‚•‚‚Œ/‚“‚ƒ‚ˆ‚…‚‚‚”‚‰‚ƒ ‚”‚‚ ‚”‚ ‚†‚Œ‚™‚‚‚‚‰—g‚‚‚‰‚Œ.‚ƒ‚‚ BThanks!

Cheers!

Eddy.
Old 25th July 2006, 03:34 PM   #6
Geoff is offline Geoff  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by adhoc
Hello tube-lover - could you give me a little more detail on this mysterious 'peter' character? I'm kinda new around here.
Thomas is referring Peter Daniel, a long-standing member of the Forum who, IIRC, has posted some information about modifications carried out on his CD94 (I can't remember if it was the original or a MkII).
Old 25th July 2006, 04:06 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
I did some mods in the past to my CD-94, the last one included removal of TDA1541 and inserting TDA1543 with Tento clock, run from batteries placed inside the transport: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...819#post368819

I still use it today.
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 25th July 2006, 04:08 PM   #8
Alexiss is offline Alexiss  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Hi Tube-lover

I have sent you many emails about my order:

> 20 TDA1541
> 2 CS8414

I sent the money to you almost 10 days ago, but have not heard anything from you

Could you please inform me about how the order is coming along a.s.a.p.

Thank you;

Alexiss
Old 21st July 2014, 12:02 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Smile Service Manual for Marantz Cd94MkII anyone ??

Can any enthusiast be kid to send me the Service Manual for Marantz Cd Player Cd 94MkII please.

Thank you.
Old 21st July 2014, 12:20 PM   #10
Danveee is online now Danveee  United States
diyAudio Member

http://www.hifiengine.com/manual_lib...tz/cd-94.shtml

Hide this!Advertise here!