My Sony DTC-690 DAT Recorder

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, It's brain picking time! I have a Sony DTC-690 DAT machine which will ( in this order!), accept a tape, thread up a tape, play a tape, fast forward a tape and rewind a tape, BUT - when I try to eject the tape, the lace up arms retract but the tape does not wind back into it's housing. The unit tries several times to eject and when it eventually does eject there is a loop of tape syill outside it's shell. This is very frustrating and I would be most grateful for any clues to a solution! Over to you and Thanks in advance!.

Definitely a good idea, as well as the reel, and possibly tension sensors (if any). Had a JVC VCR that did the exact same thing, was the feed reel sensor. Wouldn't pull the slack in before ejecting. Everything else on it was fine.

Had a Casio portable DAT at one point (miss it dearly, sold it for some stupid reason), on rare occasion would not retract the tape in enough before snapping the cover on eject. But was too rare to even be of concern. Getting that small, the slightest glitch can be nasty. Also components that size tend to be based more on pre-fab relatively precision fittings and tensionings, rather than active sensors and compensation. (may not be related, but also look for dirty brakes)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.