NAD 510 CD player

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
O.K. so my NAD 510 cd player konked out. It doesn't seem to want to read cd's. Transport tray opens and closes. Laser head moves into position but doesn't read the cd. All I get is "No Disc"

Anyone have this problem?

The transformer reads 18-0-18 v and none of the fuses are blown. I'm not all that sure where the problem could be and I don't have a service manual to start pulling the thing apart.

Any help?

Thanks
Cyrile:bawling:

NAD

Yes it does. But unlike when the fuse is blown it seems to be under control. What happens is that the drawer closes, the laser moves into position hops un and down but the disc isn't recognised so it doesn't do anything.

Is there a control chip that might be screwy? I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this problem, fortunately I have a backup Yamaha CD player but the sound is SOO different that I'd like to bring the NAD back to life, or maybe use the DAC from the Nad in the Yamaha...

Of course reviving the NAD is option 1.

THanks

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Cyrile,
At this point it seems like the laser is not told to light. It shouldn't be a limit switch as the unit is doing a focus search.

So you need a manual to troubleshoot this CD player. A tech may be able to do more testing, but I can't see it on front of me to guide you.

If you can find R101 (?) , 22R, measure across it when the head is doing a focus search. Guessing here. No manual.

-Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.