Multichannel DAC with 5+ RCA outputs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am trying to get a hold of or learn how to make a device that will accept a SPDIF input (either RCA style or TOSlink optical) and can split the signal into multiple Analogue stereo channels (as many as the SPDIF can carry preferably) and output the signals on RCA's with 4-5v outputs, so that I can take a Digital output from a computer on one or two cables, and split that/those output/s into as many Stereo Analogue outputs as possible. Any suggestions or help greatly appreciated.

Aetherion said:
Anyone got a circut diagram to make an ADAT to 8 Analogue RCA converter? Or a 2xADAT to 18 Analogue RCA converter? 12vDC input preferable...

AL1402G->AK4358->LPF->Line driver

Aetherion said:
Even better, if it's possible, a diagram to make a device that accepts Firewire in and puts Analogue RCA out, preferably with about 4-5v on the outputs...

This is not the kind of thing that gets given away. There is also the large software overhead.

Aetherion said:
but I thought a site like this would have a circut diagram floating around for those who want to make their own. Especially the ADAT/Analogue converter.

In my experience, that is not how the world works. Things tend to get done because someone needs something done and can get it driven through to conclusion. The forum simply reflects this in terms of what the users are willing to put their effort into.If no one wants it enough, it doesn't get designed or built.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.