It's my AD1853 DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This DAC use AD1853 chip with AD8138 diffamps in I/U converter. Using HF differential amplifiers in I/U converter ensures the high CMRR in comparison with standard opamp schematic from datasheet, that provides clear and detail sounding. The lowpass filter is made on AD8610 opamp, buffered by AD811 to eliminate cable capacitance influence. This DAC has SPDIF COAX/TOSLINK interface (CS8416 receiver) and also may served as master clock source for CD transport (synchronous SPDIF mode). AD1853 may clocked by Gollege GXO-U100 oscillator with extremelly low jitter (about 5-7 ps) or by clock recovered from SPDIF. Clock sources are switched by Fujitsu FTRB3GA4.5Z relay with very low contact capacitance.

Attachments

• ad1853dac_r2.jpg
    ad1853dac_r2.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 1,397
Kochkurov Maxim said:
This DAC use AD1853 chip with AD8138 diffamps in I/U converter. Using HF differential amplifiers in I/U converter ensures the high CMRR in comparison with standard opamp schematic from datasheet, that provides clear and detail sounding. The lowpass filter is made on AD8610 opamp, buffered by AD811 to eliminate cable capacitance influence. This DAC has SPDIF COAX/TOSLINK interface (CS8416 receiver) and also may served as master clock source for CD transport (synchronous SPDIF mode). AD1853 may clocked by Gollege GXO-U100 oscillator with extremelly low jitter (about 5-7 ps) or by clock recovered from SPDIF. Clock sources are switched by Fujitsu FTRB3GA4.5Z relay with very low contact capacitance.

Nice. Looks very balanced. Are those 4 heatsinks on LM317's/37's?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.