choosing parts for a dac project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

I would like to know, for a DAC, which one is more important?
transformer or the regulator? As I am going to buy a good double c-core transformer for the power supply, my friend told me that the regulator circuit is more prominent than transformer. I am a rookie, can anyone give me more advice?

regards
ronardi

Decoulping caps at DAC chip are very important- it should be best as you can get-Oscon SG/SP or BG N. Regulators are important especially
for analog power supplyo of DAC chip (IMHO TL431 is quite good for this purpose,perhaps Jung regulator will be much better).
By the way, parts are very important but the most important thing is DAC topology and implementation(no-oversampling or oversampling,DAC chip choice and analouge stage of DAC). Sometimes dirty cheap chips(TDA1543) with maching parts and good implementation(Peter Daniel's version) play very very good.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.