Marantz CD75 SE MarkII help required - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th June 2006, 01:35 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Marantz CD75 SE MarkII help required

I noticed other people have asked about a service manual for the marantz cd75 and I added to their thread but no answer - maybe its all too old to bother with?
Anyway my problem is that I was going to convert the cd75 into a cd transport but instead have created problems for myself. In trying to remove the excess mains wiring/selector I must have got it all wrong and now the thing won't function at all. (Hence my search for a service manual/circuit diagram) Can I produce an outboard psu to power it, if so what voltages and what connects where? I don't really want to ditch it as it was sounding good/going well until my cack handed efforts. Help please.

Guy
Old 30th June 2006, 08:00 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

I can help you as I have removed the voltage selector from this very player. Unfortunately it will be a few weeks before I'm back in Australia where it is. It involves a couple of jumpers on the PCB. I installed an IEC power connector and moved the fuseholder at the same time I removed the voltage selector.

The player is well worth the effort. When suitably modded it is excellent as a transport.
Old 31st August 2006, 01:29 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I can help you as I have removed the voltage selector from this very player. Unfortunately it will be a few weeks before I'm back in Australia where it is. It involves a couple of jumpers on the PCB. I installed an IEC power connector and moved the fuseholder at the same time I removed the voltage selector.
Jeff any chance of that information on the marantz cd-75 voltage selector etc? I have tried to email but the system will not let me.

thanks
Guy
Old 6th September 2006, 11:11 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Guy,

Your e-mail is bouncing back to me. Can you double check?

Jeff
Old 7th September 2006, 07:12 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Default email

Jeff
All my emails stuff on the forum should be set correctly(Notification of your post came through OK).
I have just sent you an email through the forum which contains my home email address.

all the best
Guy
Old 7th September 2006, 08:30 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Default Re: email

Quote:
Originally posted by lostintheozone
All my emails stuff on the forum should be set correctly(Notification of your post came through OK).
I have just sent you an email through the forum which contains my home email address.
I had simply clicked reply to a message you sent me - strange. Will try again.

Jeff
Old 7th September 2006, 08:45 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

OK - I sent it.
Old 29th May 2015, 11:42 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Hi Jeff:
May I also have the info too? I like to replace the voltage selector and the fuse holder like you did. Thanks in advance. Bill
Old 30th May 2015, 12:02 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Default hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff mai View Post
OK - I sent it.
Hi Jeff:
May I have the info also because I'm doing the same. It'd be much appreciated. Bill Click the image to open in full size.
Old 30th May 2015, 09:39 AM   #10
Mike P is offline Mike P  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

The Marantz CD75mk2 has the TDA1541A DAC chip which is wonderfully musical when properly implemented. In my view it would be a real pity to just use this player as a transport, it's an excellent basis for a very good one box CD player.

There is a huge amount of information out there about getting the best from players like the CD75mk2 which are fitted with this DAC.

There are endless older CD players out there with good CD mechs but lacklustre DAC chips which will make excellent transports.

Hide this!Advertise here!