Sony cdp-x339es fault........

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is not my cdp .....its a mates these are the symtoms......

"Also, if I were to find a service manual or schematic, might you be able to assist with getting rid of the static sound with the CDP-X339ES? I've oiled the tracks and checked for dry joints. There's a board beneath the transport which I've yet to figure out how to get to. I'd love to get this one up and running properly. The static occurs with in-built DAC and with digital out. The digital out feed comes straight from the board beneath the transport and doesn't appear to be connected to the main board. This could well be an indication that the problem lies on the hidden board I guess. should dig deeper"

and

"It's sounds just like static, or a typical click you'd get from record in need of a clean except the clicking sound is pretty much the same volume and tone every time. Happens every three seconds or so.
No mods to the unit."

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.