New pioneer MD recorder - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th June 2006, 05:20 PM   #1
tubee is offline tubee  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Default New pioneer MD recorder

The shop where i buy parts is making room for a new interior, they wanted to throw some stuff away. Found there a brandnew MD recorder from Pioneer, MJ L77 I have this MD recorder now here, but it has a ribbon system cable, connected to the amplifier. I want to build RCA connectors on it to try it out. So:
*Does anybody have the pin out definitions for the Pioneer system cable?
*Or a service manual from XC-L77, MJ-L77, CT-M77 or for the MD deck MJ-L77?
Thanks!
Old 22nd June 2006, 04:11 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Just do a total dac make-over like i did with my sony md player

http://midiserver.student.utwente.nl...0/minidisk.htm

I have to update my site because i now have a seperate power supply for my dac output and replaced the CAT5 test cables with Tasker microphone cable First i have to take some exams for university next week...
Old 22nd June 2006, 07:03 PM   #3
tubee is offline tubee  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Hi Midimaze, how are you?

You build-in you transistor-scheme in all line level equipment?
Nice scope too. But first i have to get the recorder working, it has no play,stop etc functions. Only on-off but that doesn't work without external amplifier with the same ribbon cable. I think its better to search a Sony for a reasonable price.
Old 23rd June 2006, 10:41 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tubee
Hi Midimaze, how are you?
You build-in you transistor-scheme in all line level equipment?
Nice scope too.
I'm ok, little bussy with my study and thus less time for my hobby...

Well this is another schematic, it has a differential input as you can see on the site of Ultranalog. I had to recalculate the resistors for the bias current because I didn't have the voltage required in the player. I also changed the output a little. But because the player has a cheap power supply I had a lot of 50 Hz noise on the output signal so I build a new power supply for the output stage. I also modified the original power supply, added some 470 pf caps over the new shotkey diodes and added some 100nf caps on digital parts as well as over ten 1000 uF caps at some stragic places on the main pcb.
With all in place I was allso able to adjust the distortion level of the differential input Now I only have to take the player to my university to do some measurements to see how well it will perform
Well the sound is superb and if you find a sony player (marktplaats) you can make a very fine DAC out of it (or player...).
When the project is ready I'll start a new topic for it, but that will be over a couple of weeks.

Hide this!Advertise here!