How to buy from DAISy-laser (or friends)?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For pilot production of my DAC I need a CD transport to turn it into a full-blown CD player. (It's either that or connecting it via S/PDIF, which I don't like to do.)

So I found www.daisy-laser.com who supplies all the parts I need but is reluctant to go down in volume.

Do you know of other retailers who are willing to sell low-volume (5-20 pcs) of cd transports with trays and required mounting gear?

Cheers,
Børge

Thanks!

I don't see the L1210/65 transport there, though.

As you have probably guessed from my recent posts I'm completely new to designing in CD mechanics. So I need to get the stabilization mechanics and recomended mounting parts as well as the drive itself. Do you know if rubber stands usually come with the CD transport? Or should I design those myself? Are there any old threads on this that I can go through?

Cheers,
Børge

That L1210/65 is that play-all front-loader, right? I have only seen that on the daisy-laser website.

If you can live with a top-loader go with the cdpro2. There are a lot of threads about this mechanism on this forum. There are also a lot of other websites selling this mechanism.
In the past you'd have to design your own cabinet and power supply, making sure the +5V was the first voltage to come online, and the last to go offline.

It's now a few years later, and the new cdpro2m is a lot easier. Websites selling the cdpro2m often have a power supply for this drive on offer.

The cdpro2 mechanism is a mechanism, with laser unit, etc. It's a top loader that stands on springs, so you only have to mount it to a chassis, and then you can play.
The only other things you need is the display board with controller. This handles the userinput from front knobs and remote.
Then you buy power supply modules, so you can use three seperate power supplies to power it. +5 and +9 Volt for the cdpro2 mechanism, and +5 for the display.

Here is a schematic of the connections you need to make: http://www.diy-high-end.com/cd/page14.html

The transport comes standard with springs. I thought that between the transport and the springs there were some rubbers, which are upgradable. Some people claim the spring suspension doesn't work very well. The manual states you can fix the mechanism to the chassis, but then you'd need a chassis of more than 7 kg. If you make an other suspension than the standard spring suspension, be sure the two suspensions don't interfere.. Or, even better, disable the spring suspension. The resonant frequency of the spring/mass is probably tuned so it affects the mechanism the least. You want your own suspension to have about the same resonant frequency.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.