CDM2/10 motor with excessive friction

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all,

I'm just overhauling my new old Philips CD650 with CDM2/10. It was skipping when cold, which was almost solved replacing el caps on laser PCB, will go on on main PCB.

But the motor makes such a friction noise like modern machines, the disc stops almost at once. I removed the Hall motor PCB and found that probably the side of magnet scrubs on the white plastic body. So my question, is this place supposed to be lubricated? (doesn't seem so...) Can the platter or magnet be taken apart from spindle?

So far it makes no functional problem, but I'm sure it kills any sonic advantage of Hall motor. I have another player with an early CDM4 (one 4k7 pot adjustment, Hall motor), which as transport beats CD650 hands down. I suspect the friction-->vibrations play a role.

By the way, would anybody emai me service manual of CD650, or a manual on adjusting CDM2? I mean all the procedures with transparent disc etc. I adjusted the 1k pot according to another thread here to 45-55 mV on the 4k7 SMD resistor. (the language can be czech, english, german, french, russian)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.