Cal Audio Delta Transport Spindle Motor Help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Please help! I have a Cal Audio Delta CD Transport. About six months ago, it started cutting out after about one hour of playing. Turning the unit off for a while restored it.

The condition became progressively worse over time. The playing time has been reduced to as little as 20 minutes. I opened the case and observed the action of the mechanism. When it quits, the spindle motor would stop, then try to spin without reaching the proper speed and slow down/stop, then repeat the cycle without success.

I took the transport to my repairman and he concluded that it is either the spindle motor or the power supply. A week later, I was told that the power supply is normal, and that a shot of lubricant could not revive the spindle motor. And worse yet, the spindle motor is not of the commonly used Mabuchi ones and of course, Cal Audio is long defunct.

Does anyone know what kind of spindle motor the Delta Transport uses? Know of a source? Have a spare one sitting around? Have other suggestions?

Thanks.

i have one, i can send it out with the outgoing mail this friday.

cheers

Attachments

• 000_0324.jpg
    000_0324.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 101
As a followup: the spindle motor is a Mabuchi RF-300CH-11440. 'karma' has graciously offered to send me one for free. What a guy!

In the same spirit of helping others, if a fellow member ever needs instructions on the replacement of this motor, just e-mail me. I didn't remove the motor myself but the tech let me watch him so I know how to do it. If you live in or around Seattle, give this tech a try. The shop is Northwest AUdio Service and basically a one-man shop. He does not gouge you and takes the time to explain things to you if you are willing to listen.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.